Want to learn more about abortion and your options to end a pregnancy? Read on to learn more. Deciding what to do about an unplanned pregnancy is a very personal decision. There are three main options:
- Parenting: You may decide to continue with the pregnancy, give birth, and raise the child.
- Adoption: You may decide to continue with the pregnancy, give birth, and place the child with another individual or family.
- Abortion: You may decide to end the pregnancy by either taking medications or having a procedure in a clinic.
You know yourself best. If you’re facing an unplanned pregnancy, you may already know what you want to do. If you are not sure, talking with trusted people in your life can be helpful. Talking with a doctor, nurse, or other healthcare provider can also help. All-Options is a free hotline that you can call to talk to someone for counseling and support.
What is abortion?
Abortion is a safe medical treatment to end a pregnancy. According to the World Health Organization, abortion is an essential healthcare service. About 1 in 4 people who can get pregnant will have an abortion in their lifetime. Any person who can get pregnant can have an abortion. At Sunny, we are here to provide you with reliable information and professional care. If you decide to have an abortion, we’ll be with you every step of the way. Abortion is one of the safest medical treatments around. Safe abortion does not make it harder to get pregnant in the future. It doesn’t affect future pregnancies. Research shows that abortion does not harm mental health.
Types of abortion
There are two main types of abortion: medication abortion (abortion with pills) and in-clinic abortion. Medication abortion can be provided through an office visit or telehealth. An in-clinic abortion is a procedure done by a doctor or nurse to remove the pregnancy. Both types of abortion are common and very safe. Let’s talk a little bit about the differences between medication abortion and in-clinic abortion
Medication abortion is a safe and effective way to end an early pregnancy. In general, it can be used up to 11 weeks of pregnancy. Medication abortion is sometimes called ‘the abortion pill.’ However, it’s actually two different medicines that are taken to end a pregnancy.
Why choose this method?
- You can either go to an office in person or use telehealth and receive your pills by mail.
- You pick the day and time that works best for your schedule.
- It works more than 95% of the time.
Other things to know:
- After taking the medicines, you will have abdominal cramping and bleeding. Over the counter pain relievers can help.
- The medication abortion can take around 24 hours to complete.
- Although it is very effective, there is a small chance that the medications won’t work to end the pregnancy. In this case, you may need to be seen in person for an in clinic procedure.
In an in-clinic abortion, a doctor or nurse does a procedure that gently removes the pregnancy from the uterus.
AM I ELIGIBLE FOR TREATMENT?
Take our 5 minute questionnaire, and we’ll get back to you within one business day.
Why choose this method?
● You may prefer this method if you want to be in a medical facility during the whole process.
● It works more than 99% of the time.
● The abortion takes only 5-10 minutes to complete.
● It can be done after the first trimester of pregnancy. (How late in your pregnancy you can get an abortion depends on your state and your health care provider).
Other things to know:
● Although the procedure is short, the whole process may take several hours in the office.
● If you had medicines for sedation, you’ll need someone to help get you home.
Getting care at Sunny
At Sunny, we provide you with high quality care, convenience, and 24/7 support. We offer medication abortion up to 10 weeks of pregnancy. We offer medication abortion in California and New York and we’ll be adding more states soon. We’re here to help and to support you every step of the way. If you have made the decision to end your pregnancy with abortion pills, check out our website. Click on ‘Get Started’ and we’ll send you all the information you need. We’ll send consent forms, and a short health questionnaire. It should only take about 5-10 minutes to fill out. Our doctors may ask you some more questions over chat. Your personal and health information will always be safe and protected under HIPAA standards. If you are medically eligible, we’ll send you the medications and detailed instructions on how to use them. We offer 24/7 support, before, during, and after your treatment. You can email us anytime with general questions at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’re a current patient, please don’t use email to contact us about your care. You can contact your care team through text, voice, or secure message anytime.
At Sunny, our mission is to put you at the center of your own health by offering safe, effective, convenient, and affordable medication abortion. We’re here with you!