Did you know? Research shows that telehealth for medication abortion care is as safe and effective as in-person care. At Sunny, we envision a world where everyone is empowered to take control of their health by having access to the care, support, and information they need. Telehealth — sometimes called telemedicine or online or virtual healthcare — lets your healthcare provider care for you without an in-person office visit. Telehealth is most often done online on your computer, tablet, or phone.
Telehealth can take many different forms. Some examples are:
- Talking to a doctor over the phone or on a video chat.
- Sending and receiving messages, files, or images, to and from your doctor.
- Sharing health information (e.g. blood pressure, blood sugar, and more) to your doctor to use in your care.
Many people already use a mix of telehealth and in-person care. Telehealth is safe and your privacy is protected by the same laws as in-person care. At Sunny, we provide telehealth through online questionnaires, our secure patient platform, and text, phone, or video chat.
Since it’s National Telehealth Awareness Week, we thought we’d share some of the benefits of telehealth:
- Get healthcare wherever you are – at home, at work, or on the go. With telehealth, you don’t need to travel to see your care provider.
- Cut down on the need for travel, time off from work, or getting child care.
- Shorter wait times for care.
- Get access to services or specialists that may be located far away from where you live.
- Lower the risk of getting exposed to illnesses, like the flu or Covid-19.
Telehealth is not for every situation and may not be for everyone. Talk to your healthcare provider if you have questions. At Sunny, we offer telehealth medication abortion (abortion with pills) to people aged 16 and older in California, New York, and Massachusetts. If you would like to get a medication abortion and are ready to get started, go to mysunnyhealth.com and click “Get Started.” We’ll be here for you every step of the way.